How Long Does It Take to Make A Sign?
Express Sign & Graphics foremost goal is to work intuitively with our clients’ projects and timelines.
As our local business has grown significantly throughout the last decade, we realize that our success is a byproduct of our customer service, quality products, and our ability to finish within our client’s timelines. As a family owned and run business, Express Sign & Graphics cohesive team allows the production department, graphics department, and our vendors to be on the same page. Our 27 years of experience allows us to work with you and create a sensible schedule for your project completion.
Many products can be done with fast turnaround times; however the amount of work currently in-house determines our capability to meet a rush order. Finishing the project as scheduled requires commitment from our clients. Project completion also depends on how fast a client is able to send over artwork and proof responses back to us.
Turnaround times start from receipt of the deposit and the approved artwork. If artwork is not returned in timely manner, production schedules may change, and the timeline may not be attained.
We strive to reach our client’s goals and expectations for work completion. We create an honest project timeline based on our daily workflow, the project complexity, the number of vendors involved, and our client needs.
Typical non-rush turnaround times for sign projects are as follows:
(Business/working days = Monday – Friday excluding Holidays)
• Carved Signs – 18 – 20 working days, depending on quantity and complexity
• Channel letter signs – 3 to 4 weeks, depending on complexity
• Light box signs – 2 to 3 weeks, (custom shapes/sizes 3 to 4 weeks)
• Awnings – 3 to 4 weeks
• Cut Acrylic Signs – 1 1/2 to 2 ½ weeks
• Dimensional signs requiring multiple processes (i.e. Routing, laser cutting, edge polishing) – 2 to 2 ½ weeks.
• ADA SIGNS – 2 -3 Weeks depending on volume
• Truck lettering – 5 days, depending on current install schedule
• Corrugated Signs – *Available for rush turnaround in quantities under 10 signs, generally 5 working days
• Aluminum Signs – Generally 5 working days
• Post and Panel Signs/Site Signs/Contractor Signs –5 working days
• Trade Show Booths – 7 to 10 working days
• Pull Up/Retractable Banners – 5 to 7 working days
• Table Covers – 5 to 10 working days
• Screen-printed signs – 5 to 10 working days
• Banners – *Available for rush turnaround. Generally 3 to 5 working days depending on material, size, stitching requirements, etc.
• Decals, Magnetic Signs, Digital Posters – *Available for rush turnaround, generally 3 to 5 working days
• Custom Signs – Turnaround determined at time of quote.
We offer expedited service as a “rush charge” that is applied to your order. Typically many service shops and shipping companies charge up to 100% of the standard price for same day service. That is just too much… At most, we charge a 40% upcharge for same day service, 25% for next day service and 10-15% for 2nd day service. Compared to FedEx, UPS, and many print & sign companies, our fees are reasonable considering the dynamics of internal rescheduling, special delivery fees, and/or overnight delivery fees charged to obtain materials needed.
We are here for you.
Just remember, if you forgot your tradeshow graphics until the last minute, need graphics for an unscheduled meeting, have a new real estate listing that you really need a sign for, we’ll get it done in time!